Webinar hosted by Bisnow
Watch Date: 9/2020
- Hotels – people will risk their life for vacations but not for conventions anymore
- Hotels that rely on business travel will be hurting most for a while
- Very tough to value properties right now because investment sales are down so appraisers can’t find credible comparables
- Might see a shift in appraisal process from direct cap analysis to discounted cash flows analysis
- Many retail properties will be repurposed entirely so guessing future cash flows is almost impossible
- Sponsors with properties in distress: DOCUMENT EVERYTHING – when did it happen, when did you know it was going to happen, what was the conversation you had with your tenants to try to fix things, what else did you do, etc.