Webinar hosted by Bisnow
Watch Date: 9/2020
- Hotels – people will risk their life for vacations but not for conventions anymore
- Hotels that rely on business travel will be hurting most for a while
- Very tough to value properties right now because investment sales are down so appraisers can’t find credible comparables
- Might see a shift in appraisal process from direct cap analysis to discounted cash flows analysis
- Many retail properties will be repurposed entirely so guessing future cash flows is almost impossible
- Sponsors with properties in distress: DOCUMENT EVERYTHING – when did it happen, when did you know it was going to happen, what was the conversation you had with your tenants to try to fix things, what else did you do, etc.
Published by Credible CRE
Huber Bongolan has 9 years of experience in commercial and residential real estate finance. Mr. Bongolan has sourced $700+ million in debt and equity financing for land, construction, bridge, and permanent deals in all product types.
Huber received a double bachelors, Business Economics and International Studies, from UC Irvine where he graduated Cum Laude. He then earned a double masters, MBA and MRED, with Program Distinctions, from University of Southern California.
Mr. Bongolan is an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America, and holds leadership positions in both ULI (Urban Land Institute) and FIIRE (Filipinos in Institutional Real Estate). He enjoys competitive sports, mentoring youth, and teaching personal finance.
Huber also enjoys writing about Real Estate trending topics and education. His blog posts can be found on https://medium.com/@huber_60971
View more posts